London Bridge is one of my favourite areas of London. I’ve spent a lot of time around there at various different stages of my life, so I’m always happy to explore it a little bit more every time I visit London. Last time I was there was in a more professional capacity, giving a talk at a travel blogger conference, so I decided to explore the more grown up side of London Bridge.

Of course, for me that meant AFTERNOON TEA, but where?! After much deliberation and research I decided upon afternoon tea at the London Bridge Hotel. And, just to bring you the best research I possibly could, I also decided to stay the night in the hotel. I’m so thorough! 😉

Afternoon Tea at the London Bridge Hotel

afternoon tea at the london bridge hotel where is tara povey top irish travel blogger

afternoon tea at the london bridge hotel where is tara povey top irish travel blogger

I’m not the kind of person that usually goes for afternoon tea. I’ve only ever indulged in it for special occasions. But this trip to London felt like a special occasion, and the price of afternoon tea at the London Bridge Hotel is so reasonable (from £25 per person) so I thought I’d treat myself.

I actually ended up having afternoon tea there twice because one was included in an event for the travel blogging conference I mentioned earlier. So I’ve truly tested this for you! The first thing I must mention is that they were happy to accommodate me being vegetarian. The sandwich selection was  the best I’ve ever seen for a veggie afternoon tea. There was even a double cheese sandwich (heaven!).

There were so many cakes, pastries, desserts and sandwiches that I couldn’t finish my afternoon tea on either occasion.  In fact, nobody could. I didn’t see a single person finish their tower of treats. Next time I’m going to ask for a take away box. It didn’t even cross my mind at the time.

I recommend having a cocktail with your afternoon tea. The selection in the Quarter Bar & Lounge is amazing. You can actually purchase a “cocktail afternoon tea” for £35 which includes one sparkling cocktail. The tea list is studded with the usuals like peppermint and chamomile as well as a few more exotic flavours.

My favourite touch was the tiny stroopwaffle provided with each cup. The Quarter Bar itself is a gorgeous setting for an afternoon tea and the staff are absolutely wonderful. If you’d like to read more and check out the menu then click here

Spend the Night

afternoon tea at the london bridge hotel where is tara povey top irish travel blogger

Need a place to stay after stuffing yourself with delicious treats during afternoon tea at the London Bridge Hotel?! Well, look no further! You can also spend the night in the London Bridge Hotel, of course! It’s a great location, just minutes walk from the Borough Market , the Shard and the London Bridge station.

The rooms are very classic in style. Size-wise my room was spacious enough for a London hotel room and didn’t overheat (which I’ve found to be a big issue in a lot of London hotels). The wifi was good and the TV had plenty of stations to choose from. The bed was so comfortable that I didn’t want to leave and the breakfast was great.

The only negative was that the lifts were extremely temperamental and I ended up having to haul my bags up and down the stairs. Of course, they may have fixed them by now but it’s worth noting. Rooms start from £99.00 per night for room only or £115.00 including breakfast but prices will vary depending on the season.

BOOK NOW

Where’s your favourite spot in London for afternoon tea?
Let me know in the comments!


Recommended Reading

Borough Market – Foodie Heaven
London Street Art – Brick Lane
The Perfect Girly Weekend in London


where is tara tara povey top irish travel blog

No comments:

Post a Comment